The final competition in our 2012 photo contest series is now open for entries! The theme is “Travel”. We are looking for striking, original and beautiful travel photographs that reveal the wonders of our planet. You are not limited to any subject matter in particular; travel photography can portray many things including an area’s people, cultures, customs, history or landscape. For some inspiration, check out the results of previous years’ contests: 2009, 2010 & 2011. The deadline for this contest is 31st December 2012.
We have some fantastic prizes on offer including the chance to win a Canon EOS 60D Digital SLR camera (more info).
The Canon EOS 60D is designed for photographers who want to take their skills to the next level, offering high performance, a series of creative features, a Vari-angle LCD screen and enhanced ergonomics, this camera empowers photography enthusiasts to capture outstanding stills and Full High Definition (HD) video for unique, creative results. The EOS 60D has an incredible feature set including an 18 MP APS-C CMOS sensor, a Vari-angle 7.7cm 3:2 ratio LCD, Full HD movies, ISO 100-6400 (H:12800), 5.3fps shooting for up to 58 JPEGs, 9-point cross type AF System and more!
We also have the following additional prizes kindly donated by Committed Photography:
- Winner: 16×24 framed print of your winning shot (estimated value of $250)
- Runners up x 2: 16×24 prints unframed (value of $50 each)
Committed Photography is an easy way for semi-pro and pro photographers to promote and sell their work. You receive unlimited uploads, full control on pricing your work, and an 80% commission on sales. Click here for more information and to create your free account.
- The contest theme is Travel.
- This competition is open to participants worldwide.
- There is no entry fee.
- You must be the photographer and owner of the copyright for any image entered.
- Entrants can submit a maximum of three images to this contest.
- Please keep digital manipulation such as cloning and compositing to a minimum; your photograph should faithfully represent the scene as you saw it. HDR images and stitched panoramas are allowed.
- Submitted images should be 1024 pixels along the long edge and less than 800kb in size.
- Please do not include a border.
- A subtle watermark may be included but it must not detract from the image.
- You will retain copyright of your entries at all times and will always be credited alongside your picture.
- By entering this competition, you grant us a non-exclusive license to display your photograph in connection with this contest. Photographers will always be credited alongside their image.
- We may allow other websites to display a selection of the winning/highly commended images in order to publicise the results of this contest. Photographers will always be credited alongside their image.
- Under no-circumstance will we use submitted images for commercial gain unless it has been agreed on a case by case basis with the photographer.
- Please note that entries are kept private (i.e. you cannot browse the other submissions).
- The deadline for entry is 31st December 2012.
- Winners will be announced by 31st January 2013.